A phlebotomy technician’s salary varies depending on the area in which they work. Different cities may pay higher than others, and some states pay higher than others as well. Each city and state has its own reason for being able to pay more, or for not being able to pay quite as much. For instance, California is home to two cities that boast some of the best hourly pay for a phlebotomy technician. Los Angeles, California has the highest hourly salary for a phlebotomy technician. The hourly rate is around $11.98 – $18.31. The city has a population of 3,792,621 and is the second most populous city in the country. Los Angeles, or LA, is the most populous city in the state of California. There are around 29 hospitals in Los Angeles, contributing to the higher salary.
Austin, Texas has the second highest hourly salary at around $11.90 – $17.12. Austin is only the fourth most populous city in the state of Texas and is the thirteenth most populous within the country with a population of 820,611. While the number of hospitals within Austin is questionable, there are around 25. The city with the third highest hourly salary is Milwaukee, located within Wisconsin. The city pay’s their phlebotomy technician’s $12.00 – $17.50. The city is the largest in population within the state and the 28th most populous in the United States at an overall population of 594,833. There are around 12 hospitals within the city of Milwaukee.
Illinois is home to the fourth highest hourly salary for phlebotomy technicians. Chicago, Illinois is where this salary comes out of. Technicians earn around $9.67 – $18.65 an hour. Chicago has the honor of being the third largest city in the country and the largest city in the state of Illinois. There are around 2.7 million people living within the city of Chicago. Around the metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois, there are a whopping 127 hospitals.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
As mentioned before, California is home to yet another one of the highest hourly salary for phlebotomy technicians. Technicians in San Diego, California earn an hourly salary of $12.00 – $16.90, giving them the category of fifth place in the round up of the highest paid phlebotomy technicians. The city of San Diego is the eighth largest city in the United States of America and is the second largest city within the state of California, second to Los Angeles. In the metropolitan area of San Diego, there are just 28 hospitals. Out of the top five best cities when it comes to the hourly pay of a phlebotomy technician, the state of California is home to two of the cities. Illinois, Wisconsin, and Texas all boast excellent pay for phlebotomy technicians as well. If you are one of these technicians and you are looking to make the most that you possibly can, moving to Los Angeles may be in your best interest.