Phlebotomy certification online is an excellent way to get your associates degree, but is lacking in a certain area. It is vital that you somehow incorporate a hands-on learning experience into your curriculum. Some hospitals offer classes to teach students what they would do on a daily basis and everything else that they may possibly need to know. Your program may have a time for hands-on learning already built in, and all that you would have to do would be is to show up and take the class wherever it may be given.
If you’re concerned that you may not be getting everything that you possibly can out of a phlebotomy certification course online, then there are plenty of other ways to earn your certification in more of a classroom situation. Some trade schools offer courses and some phlebotomy certification course online offers three day training that is hands-on. This way, you are covering all of your bases. Phlebotomy certification course also offers their own online phlebotomy certification program. This covers everything besides the hands-on portion.
However, certification courses do offer private group training. That way after you complete the online segment of the course, you can be educated in the hands-on portion of the course. Typically, hands-on training can take an extensive amount of time that you may not have time for. Hands-on training only lasts for three days. So you have the opportunity to complete the online course at your own pace, and then you only have to spend three days to complete your hands-on training that typically lasts much longer.
Some people are simply trained on the job. While this may not be ideal, they tend to learn fast. As a Phlebotomist, your job involves doing something to the patients that you do not necessarily want to do repeatedly. Phlebotomists draw blood. Sticking your patients over and over again is not a good practice. It bruises, and can be painful. Many people are not comfortable with getting their blood drawn. They may be afraid of needles, sensitive to pain, or they may not like the sight of blood. If you have to constantly jab them to get any blood, the situation will only worsen. Through on the job training, you learn your job very fast.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Hands-on training is ideal, however. You are able to practice on people that are willing to be practiced on, and that aren’t innocent little guinea pigs. Many courses offer the hands-on training built into their curriculum. Different online certification courses offer different means of earning your hands-on training, but most try to work some way into the curriculum. Training is vital. Even if it is not built into your course, you should research and find a class that is offered sometime near the area that you reside.