Phlebotomists work in a variety of clinical settings that includes laboratories, outpatient clinics, hospitals and many more areas of health. In order to get started, people interested in the field need the right skills. You can meet the phlebotomy education requirements in as little as four to six weeks at most schools. Other school programs offer longer study programs.
Blood Collection Skills to pay bills:
Blood collection skills are the most important educational requirements phlebotomists need to obtain. These skills include taking blood samples using syringes and special collection tubes. In most cases, students must complete a set number of required blood draws from live patients before completing a program. Phlebotomy students learn how to label color-coded tubes for different blood tests with the patients’ name, the date of the draw and any other pertinent information needed to separate samples. Other Phlebotomy Training
Phlebotomy students also learn to recognize certain veins in the hands, arms and legs. However, students take blood samples from the finger of adults and children. They take samples from the heel of infants. Although most phlebotomy education requirements pertain to hands on training, students may need to study anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. They need these skills in order to read doctors’ instructions, understand various tests and to ensure proper techniques.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Graduates of phlebotomy programs generally take a nationally recognized test to earn their credentials. They need to successfully meet all phlebotomy education requirements prior to testing. Most employers find certified workers more desirable than those who do not possess certification.