A degree can be obtained by enrolling in a two year program or you can get a Phlebotomy certification. Most medical institutions prefer hiring persons with proper degrees and/or certification. There are several institutions offering phlebotomy technician programs but it is essential that you know for certain that the one you pick is accredited. Visit websites of a few colleges offering medical degrees and certificates. You can look at their brochures and talk to the enrollment officer for further information about the phlebotomy technician programs they are offering. There are Several institutions that offer Phlebotomy certification programs. Almost all employers in the field of phlebotomy require their would-be employees to pass the phlebotomy certification exam successfully. For this purpose it is necessary for you to get enrolled in an accredited institution that will thoroughly prepare you for the job ahead. When you receive the phlebotomy certification, you must continue to upgrade your phlebotomy skills.
Phlebotomy technician programs include mandatory courses in physiology and anatomy. The topics these courses cover are as follows: The lymphatic system, CPR certification, Vein puncture, Affects of infection and disease, The muscular and skeletal system, The urinary system, The circulatory system, The respiratory system, Blood and cell composition, Laboratory safety skills. Ext..
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
People usually make the mistake of thinking that phlebotomy training is just about drawing blood but It is much more than that. In phlebotomy technician pupils are also instructed on topics like the proper steps for avoiding contamination, how to handle emergency situations, avoiding infections and laboratory procedures.
There are a lot of phlebotomy technician programs in the United States offering phlebotomy training. After finishing phlebotomy training and having acquired hands-on experience, you must take a comprehensive exam that covers every area of phlebotomy. Also contact The American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) when you are trying to find colleges that provide phlebotomy training in order to be sure that the establishment you are selecting will prepare you thoroughly for your certification. A Phlebotomy career offers unlimited opportunities in several medical venues in addition to being professionally as well as financially rewarding.