The accredited Phlebotomy Certificate Program at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ offers a certificate program in Phlebotomy and Specimen Accessioning. The program consist of two parts. Part I consists of theory and student laboratory practice in specimen collection, processing and storage, laboratory safety, anatomy and physiology of body systems, and legal responsibilities of the phlebotomist while the second part consists of phlebotomy practice on mannequin arms and electronic devices, followed by clinical rotation consisting of 120 hours and a minimum of 100 successful venipunctures and/or capillary punctures of clinical practice. Part I should be successfully completed prior to admission to Part II. Application requirements at The University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ Phlebotomy Tech Program includes a completed application form, a copy of H.S. Diploma or Higher degree, GED or WES evaluation.
University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- Phone: 973-972-5454
- 65 Bergen St. SSB Building
- Newark, NJ 07107
- Degrees: Certification Program
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ Phlebotomy Certification Program is accredited by NAACLS. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) specializes in the approval of educational programs in the clinical laboratory sciences and Phlebotomy Certificate Programs.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!