The accredited Phlebotomy Certificate Program at Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA Louisiana is a 12-week or 3-month program includes hands-on training and classroom instruction. As of March 15, 2011, tuition is free at RRMC Phlebotomy School but students are required to pay for their own uniforms and books.
To be considered for admission at Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA Louisiana Phlebotomy Tech Program, applicants must have either a high school diploma or GED and a 2.0 GPA. Upon ompletion of the course, participants are eligible to take the national certification exam.
The course serves as a career change for some – and a career starter for others.“We have phlebotomists who paid their way through nursing school and medical technologist school by being a phlebotomist,” said Melissa Litton, MT(ASCP), Phlebotomy program director. “It gives you a good medical foundation and a starting point into other medical careers.”Students are not required to work at Rapides Regional Medical Center – though some do. Nor are they guaranteed a job after they complete the course, but instructors often give referrals for employment.
Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA Louisiana
- Phone: 318-769-3175
- 211 Fourth St., Box 30101
- Alexandria, LA 71301
- Degrees: Certificate Program
The Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA Louisiana Phlebotomy Certification Program is accredited by NAACLS. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) specializes in the approval of educational programs in the clinical laboratory sciences and Phlebotomy Certificate Programs. Applications are now begin accepted for classes beginning May 2. The deadline for applications is March 24.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!