Phlebotomy courses are held on a continuing basis due to the demand of this profession. There are a great number of institutions that need to keep trained phlebotomists on duty, which can include hospitals, independent labs, and doctor’s offices. A quick check of a phlebotomist license verification helps in the application process to these employers.
Community colleges, technical schools and the Red Cross have programs designed to train phlebotomists with a high school diploma or a GED.
The job description of a phlebotomist includes the collection of blood samples for patient medical tests; assemble equipment such as needles, tubes, tourniquets and disinfection supplies. They will also record and verify patient information, proper tourniquet application in order to locate an accessible vein, creating a sterile area where the puncture with a needle will be inserted to collect blood in a tube or bag.Once the student has completed their training, they may apply for certification, which includes a competency exam and ability to show a certain degree of work experience.
Many prospective employers prefer to train new employees to their own practices and requirements, so some may just check for phlebotomist license verification. However; The training for phlebotomists varies from state to state, but usually an associate degree or a successful completion of a certification program is required to work in the profession. The phlebotomist are required to renew their license annually to ensure employees stay up-to-date on the latest advances in medicine and safety courses. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth in this sector is expected to increase by 14% and the pay is $20,204 -$36,386 per year up until 2018.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!