Phlebotomy courses are held on a continuing basis due to the demand of this profession. There are a great number of institutions that need to keep trained phlebotomists on duty, which can include hospitals, independent labs, and doctor’s offices. A quick check of a phlebotomist license verification helps in the application process to these employers.
Community colleges, technical schools and the Red Cross have programs designed to train phlebotomists with a high school diploma or a GED.
The job description of a phlebotomist includes the collection of blood samples for patient medical tests; assemble equipment such as needles, tubes, tourniquets and disinfection supplies. They will also record and verify patient information, proper tourniquet application in order to locate an accessible vein, creating a sterile area where the puncture with a needle will be inserted to collect blood in a tube or bag.Once the student has completed their training, they may apply for certification, which includes a competency exam and ability to show a certain degree of work experience.
Many prospective employers prefer to train new employees to their own practices and requirements, so some may just check for phlebotomist license verification. However; The training for phlebotomists varies from state to state, but usually an associate degree or a successful completion of a certification program is required to work in the profession. The phlebotomist are required to renew their license annually to ensure employees stay up-to-date on the latest advances in medicine and safety courses. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth in this sector is expected to increase by 14% and the pay is $20,204 -$36,386 per year up until 2018.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!