The accredited Phlebotomy Certificate Program at Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH is a two-semester sequence of courses which prepares individuals to perform venous and micro skin punctures, obtaining blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analysis. A phlebotomist generally works in a clinical laboratory under the direction of a laboratory supervisor. Coursework includes an introduction to the profession of laboratory medicine, basic laboratory techniques, anatomy and physiology, first aid and safety for CPR certification, interpersonal communication and medical terminology. A clinical practicum of 150 hours provides each student with the real opportunity to perform blood collection procedures on patients in a clinical environment.
The Phlebotomy Tech Program at Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH accepts a maximum of 20 students into the LCCC campus section, as well as a maximum of 10 students into the Terra Community College video-conference section. The program begins each Fall Semester.
Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH Phlebotomy Tech Program
- Phone: 800-995-5222
- 1005 N Abbe Rd
- Elyria, OH 44035
- Degrees: Certificate Program
The Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH Phlebotomy Certification Program is accredited by NAACLS. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) specializes in the approval of educational programs in the clinical laboratory sciences and Phlebotomy Certificate Programs.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!