The accredited Phlebotomy Certificate Program at Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH is a two-semester sequence of courses which prepares individuals to perform venous and micro skin punctures, obtaining blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analysis. A phlebotomist generally works in a clinical laboratory under the direction of a laboratory supervisor. Coursework includes an introduction to the profession of laboratory medicine, basic laboratory techniques, anatomy and physiology, first aid and safety for CPR certification, interpersonal communication and medical terminology. A clinical practicum of 150 hours provides each student with the real opportunity to perform blood collection procedures on patients in a clinical environment.
The Phlebotomy Tech Program at Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH accepts a maximum of 20 students into the LCCC campus section, as well as a maximum of 10 students into the Terra Community College video-conference section. The program begins each Fall Semester.
Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH Phlebotomy Tech Program
- Phone: 800-995-5222
- 1005 N Abbe Rd
- Elyria, OH 44035
- Degrees: Certificate Program
The Lorain County Community College, Elyria, OH Phlebotomy Certification Program is accredited by NAACLS. National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) specializes in the approval of educational programs in the clinical laboratory sciences and Phlebotomy Certificate Programs.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!