A phlebotomist is a trained and certified healthcare worker who draws blood from patients for blood tests and drug tests as well as from people who wish to donate blood. Being a phlebotomist can open the door to other fields in healthcare. The first step is to learn how to become a certified phlebotomist. Required Education – Most states require only a high school diploma and certain classes in order to qualify to take the certification test to become a phlebotomist.
The required Phlebotomy classes teach things like:
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Hemodialysis Technician
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- ECG/Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Medical Laboratory Technician
- A.S. - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a Concentration in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physical Therapy
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Phlebotomy Technician
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Basic anatomy and physiology along with the fundamentals of the theory of phlebotomy and the controlling of infection.
- More advanced infection control, how the cardiovascular system works, and problems that can arise when drawing blood and how to avoid them.
- Basic information on ethics and the law as it pertains to the practice of phlebotomy.
Understanding the equipment that is used when drawing blood and the correct way to use it.
There will also be lab sessions where students can practice phlebotomy under real-life conditions. Becoming Certified; After completing the required courses and lab work, the next step in how to become a certified phlebotomist is to take and pass the test.
The American society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) administers the certification test that covers all aspects of phlebotomy. Once the test is passed, actual practical training can be attained through an internship at a doctor’s office, a clinic, or in a laboratory.