Deciding to go back to school in order to become a phlebotomist is an excellent decision. You’ve come to a point in your life where you aren’t the only person that you need to support, and money is tight. You need to go back to school, but aren’t sure how you are going to go about it. You know that you will attend school part time around your job and kids, but you don’t know when.
You also need to find somewhere for the kids to be while you are at school, and possibly while you are studying. While all of these things are running through your mind, it is probably best to know exactly what you have to do in order to become certified as a phlebotomist.
The company Phlebotomy Services has an online phlebotomy certification program, but they do not cover the hands-on portion of schooling that you will need for your certification in this portions. They do, however, offer private group training that allows you to practice everything you learned in your online course in hands-on experience to help prepare you for a career in phlebotomy. Typically, hands-on training can take an extensive amount of time that is not ideal for your busy work and childcare schedule. The hands-on training with Phlebotomy Services only lasts for a simple three days. You set the pace with the online portion, and can complete your hands on training in three days!
Some people do not like taking online courses and feel that they learn better in the standard classroom setting. If you are one of these people, then there are plenty of opportunities for you to earn your certification in the standard classroom situation. Phlebotomy Services offers three day training that is hands-on and covers all of your bases in a short amount of time. Also, some states require that you have more training, and have their own state certification for you to complete as well. You have gone through all the education and clinical studies necessary, but they feel that the state needs to be responsible for you being thoroughly trained before you go to work.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Not every state requires their own certification, but you should contact your state and find out what you need to do in order to become certified as a phlebotomist. If your state requires a special certification, then you should be directed in the right direction from that point. Now that you know the basics of what you need to do to become certified, and now that you were shown options, you should be able to map out your plan a little easier. Your schooling can easily revolve around your schedule; you don’t have to live with your schedule revolving around your schooling!