Phlebotomy Certification Exam: A Few Simple Tips. A Phlebotomist is a person who draws blood from patients. The process involves seeking a suitable vein for extracting blood the patient. The phlebotomist extracts blood in a vacuum sealed sample tube. Phlebotomist not only extracts blood from his patient, he also documents and labels all these blood samples. This whole process requires proper education and training. Phlebotomy certification exams are – conducted by the health association board – essential tests for evaluating and assessing the capability of the students regarding in the field of Phlebotomy.
The exam not only tests their knowledge but also gauges their ability to discharge their duties without minimum error. Before taking the exam, a student must get himself registered and attend classes. You can get immense help from such materials as the test practice sheets, books, research guides and past MCQs. These will greatly help you in preparing for you exams. They will also give you a real feel of the actual exams to come. You can assess your own weaknesses and strengths with this course of action. Phlebotomy Certification Exams usually comprise of several multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that are designed for assessing a student’s grasp of the subject.
Certification Exam covers a basic study of anatomy, how to interact with patients, legal aspects of blood collection, Standard Precautions, aseptic techniques and various blood collection techniques. You are not required to perform blood extractions during phlebotomy Certification Exam. Rather, the test is designed to ascertain what you know about the process. The Exam covers anatomy of the human body, Standard procedures of a laboratory, precautionary measures, labeling and cataloging of blood samples, and techniques of handling patients.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
You must also be proficient in blood extraction so you are paired to answer detailed questions, but you are not required to perform blood extractions during the Exam. You can study for the Exams in several ways: you can read relevant books, flashcards, sample questionnaires, and by interacting with people who are working as phlebotomists. You will also need to study intensely – try to memorize the procedures.
Apart from the above, you will also need to identify human epidermis layers. You are required to learn the standard color-coding system that is used for labeling blood samples. The best way to gain knowledge about all these things is by studying.
You only have a total of three chances to pass the Certification Exam. After failing a third time, you will have to retake the entire training program ( which would be really bad – you would have to pay again ) Remember, bluffing your way through the exam is impossible. You can only pass if you have a clear grasp of the fundamentals of phlebotomy.