Phlebotomy Certification Exam: A Few Simple Tips. A Phlebotomist is a person who draws blood from patients. The process involves seeking a suitable vein for extracting blood the patient. The phlebotomist extracts blood in a vacuum sealed sample tube. Phlebotomist not only extracts blood from his patient, he also documents and labels all these blood samples. This whole process requires proper education and training. Phlebotomy certification exams are – conducted by the health association board – essential tests for evaluating and assessing the capability of the students regarding in the field of Phlebotomy.
The exam not only tests their knowledge but also gauges their ability to discharge their duties without minimum error. Before taking the exam, a student must get himself registered and attend classes. You can get immense help from such materials as the test practice sheets, books, research guides and past MCQs. These will greatly help you in preparing for you exams. They will also give you a real feel of the actual exams to come. You can assess your own weaknesses and strengths with this course of action. Phlebotomy Certification Exams usually comprise of several multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that are designed for assessing a student’s grasp of the subject.
Certification Exam covers a basic study of anatomy, how to interact with patients, legal aspects of blood collection, Standard Precautions, aseptic techniques and various blood collection techniques. You are not required to perform blood extractions during phlebotomy Certification Exam. Rather, the test is designed to ascertain what you know about the process. The Exam covers anatomy of the human body, Standard procedures of a laboratory, precautionary measures, labeling and cataloging of blood samples, and techniques of handling patients.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
You must also be proficient in blood extraction so you are paired to answer detailed questions, but you are not required to perform blood extractions during the Exam. You can study for the Exams in several ways: you can read relevant books, flashcards, sample questionnaires, and by interacting with people who are working as phlebotomists. You will also need to study intensely – try to memorize the procedures.
Apart from the above, you will also need to identify human epidermis layers. You are required to learn the standard color-coding system that is used for labeling blood samples. The best way to gain knowledge about all these things is by studying.
You only have a total of three chances to pass the Certification Exam. After failing a third time, you will have to retake the entire training program ( which would be really bad – you would have to pay again ) Remember, bluffing your way through the exam is impossible. You can only pass if you have a clear grasp of the fundamentals of phlebotomy.