Phlebotomists work in hospitals, blood banks, laboratories and other medical institutions. If you’ve ever had your blood drawn for lab work or a blood donation, chances are that the person who drew that blood was a phlebotomist. Phlebotomy is a great career choice for people with an interest in the medical field, and phlebotomy is a career skill that can be applied in any medical facility in the country.
A phlebotomy training center is the best place to learn phlebotomy skills. You will learn how to properly draw blood as well as necessary safety and hygiene precautions. In order to receive certification, you will need to log an appropriate number of clinical hours as a practicing phlebotomist. Once your certification is complete, you should be able to complete all of the tasks necessary to become a fully-licensed phlebotomist.
The certification takes approximately six months to obtain, and you will be able to use this career in many different places once the certification is received. Many colleges offer phlebotomy courses, and some hospitals may also offer on-the-job training. Your chances of receiving a job as a phlebotomist improve if you already have the job certification, however, so it’s best to enroll in a phlebotomy training center before searching for a job in this field.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!