Phlebotomists work in hospitals, blood banks, laboratories and other medical institutions. If you’ve ever had your blood drawn for lab work or a blood donation, chances are that the person who drew that blood was a phlebotomist. Phlebotomy is a great career choice for people with an interest in the medical field, and phlebotomy is a career skill that can be applied in any medical facility in the country.
A phlebotomy training center is the best place to learn phlebotomy skills. You will learn how to properly draw blood as well as necessary safety and hygiene precautions. In order to receive certification, you will need to log an appropriate number of clinical hours as a practicing phlebotomist. Once your certification is complete, you should be able to complete all of the tasks necessary to become a fully-licensed phlebotomist.
The certification takes approximately six months to obtain, and you will be able to use this career in many different places once the certification is received. Many colleges offer phlebotomy courses, and some hospitals may also offer on-the-job training. Your chances of receiving a job as a phlebotomist improve if you already have the job certification, however, so it’s best to enroll in a phlebotomy training center before searching for a job in this field.
Recommended Phlebotomy Schools :
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!